Butts : a backstory / Heather Radke.
- ISBN: 9781982135485
- ISBN: 1982135484
- Physical Description: viii, 310 pages ; 23 cm
- Edition: First Avid Reader Press hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Avid Reader Press, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc., 2022.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 256-299) and index.
"Whether we love them or hate them, think they're sexy, think they're strange, consider them too big, too small, or anywhere in between, humans have a complicated relationship with butts. It is a body part unique to humans, critical to our evolution and survival, and yet it has come to signify so much more: sex, desire, comedy, shame. A woman's butt, in particular, is forever being assessed, criticized, and objectified, from anxious self-examinations trying on jeans in department store dressing rooms to enduring crass remarks while walking down a street or high school hallways. But why? In Butts: A Backstory, reporter, essayist, and RadioLab contributing editor Heather Radke is determined to find out"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Buttocks > History.
- 5 of 6 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Jefferson County.
- 0 current holds with 6 total copies.