Grey bees / Andrey Kurkov ; translated from the Russian by Boris Dralyuk.
- ISBN: 1646051661
- ISBN: 9781646051663
- Physical Description: 320 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First Deep Vellum edition.
- Publisher: Dallas, Texas : Deep Vellum Publishing, 2022.
- Copyright: ©2020
Originally published in Russian as Serye pchely by Folio, Moscow, ©2018.
Originally published in English in 2020 by MacLehose Press, Great Britain.
Sergey Sergeyich is one of the last residents of a Ukrainian village in the "Grey Zone," a no-man's-land between loyalist and separatist forces in Crimea. Sergeyich's one pleasure in life is taking care of his bees. As spring approaches, he knows he must move the bees to a place they can safely collect pollen. On his journey, he will meet people on both sides of the battle lines in a country torn by war and chaos.
Translated from the Russian.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Beekeepers > Fiction.
Bee culture > Fiction.
Ukraine Conflict, 2014- > Fiction.
Crimea (Ukraine) > History > 2014- > Fiction.
- 2 of 4 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Jefferson County.
- 1 current hold with 4 total copies.